Luke: New Hope, New Joy : 26 Studies in 2 Parts for Individuals or Groups (A Lifeguide Bible Study) [Paperback]
|$ 9.00 |
||$ 1.35 (15%)
It was good news not only of Jesus' birth but of what he offered to men, women and children throughout his ministry. To the sick he offered healing. To the hurting, comfort. To the outcast, acceptance. In this study guide Ada Lum leads you to discover that this message of hope and joy is for you as well!
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.Publishers Description
Good news It was good news not only of Jesus' birth but of what he offered to men, women and children throughout his ministry. To the sick he offered healing. To the hurting, comfort. To the outcast, acceptance. In this study guide Ada Lum leads you to discover that this message of hope and joy is for you as well This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.Community Description
Table of Contents:
Getting the Most Out of Luke
Part 1: Serving In Home Territory - Luke 1:1-9:50
1. People of Hope - Luke 1
2. Child of Hope - Luke 2
3. Preacher of Hope - Luke 3:1-20
4. Hope for All People - Luke 3:21--4:13
5. Outrageous Claims - Luke 4:14--5:16
6. Opposition to Authority - Luke 5:17--6:11
7. Character of Kingdom Citizens - Luke 6:12-49
8. Five Kinds of Faith - Luke 7
9. Hearing God: First Step of Faith - Luke 8:1-21
10. Jesus' True Identity: Bedrock of Faith - Luke 8:22-56
11. Disciple Training: Stretched in Faith - Luke 9:1-50
Part 2: The Way To Jerusalem - Luke 9:51--24:53
12. God Asks Too Much - Luke 9:51--10:24
13. Rituals or Relationship - Luke 10:25--11:13
14. No, Not That Jesus - Luke 11:14--12:12
15. Hey, I Want to Enjoy Life Now - Luke 12:13--13:21
16. Three Surprises in Heaven - Luke 13:22--14:35
17. Parable of Two Lost Sons - Luke 15
18. Parables on Smart Money - Luke 16
19. Pictures of Hanging In There - Luke 17:1--18:14
20. The Nobodies God Wants in His Kingdom - Luke 18:15--9:10
21. Delusions About God's Kingdom - Luke 19:11-48
22. Rejection of God's Kingdom - Luke 20:1--21:4
23. Jesus' Predictions of the Last Days - Luke 21:5-38
24. Jesus, Our Passover Lamb - Luke 22:1-46
25. God's Word from the Cross - Luke 22:47--23:56
26. God's Word from the Empty Tomb - Luke 24
Please Note, Community Descriptions and notes are submitted by our shoppers, and are not guaranteed for accuracy.
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 8.16" Width: 5.34" Height: 0.36"
Weight: 0.15 lbs.
Release Date Sep 1, 2001
Publisher IVP-InterVarsity Press
Availability 14 units.
Availability accurate as of Jan 16, 2018 06:24.
Usually ships within one to two business days from New Kensington, PA.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
|1||Books > Subjects > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Bibles > Study Guides, History & Reference > Gener [1077 similar products]|
|2||Books > Subjects > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Reference > New Testament > Study [4395 similar products]|
|3||Books > Subjects > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Reference > New Testament [0 similar products]|
Reviews - What do our customers think?
|Well written, touches on crucial points, not exhaustive Feb 20, 2007|
|I have been using this for a group as we do a mini-series through Luke.|
I've taken five different paragraphs in Luke, representative of the five sections of Luke, and looked at this resource along with a number of others.
1) Pre Ministry of Jesus
2) Galilean Ministry of Jesus
3) On the Road to Jerusalem Ministry of Jesus
4) Conflict and death in Jerusalem
5) Resurrection and Ascension
I've been exegeting the passages in the Greek text and checking some of the best scholarly resources on Luke. I use this LifeGuide to develop application questions and feeder ideas for a small group and for the application part of my sermon.
There are 24 chapters in Luke, and 26 lessons in this book. Yet, I have found that even though the points made in this guide are excellent points, often crucial other points in a paragraph are left out.
So I recommend this LifeGuide as a supplement to your study, NOT as the main tool.
I think this is what the author had in mind, but I'm not sure.
Essentially, when comments are made, this lifeguide is very good. The answers are not always given, so if you are not sure what the right answer would be to a question, you may search for other resources. For commentaries, I recommend C. Evans on Luke (NIBC by IVPress) as an easy yet accurate commentary dealing with Luke's gospel. For deeper reading, you might want to check out the well-known D. Bock's Baker Exegetical Commentary on Luke (in two volumes).
So I will give this study guide a four star. I recommend you purchase a copy and use it as part of the mix in your Luke bible studies.
Write your own review about Luke: New Hope, New Joy : 26 Studies in 2 Parts for Individuals or Groups (A Lifeguide Bible Study)
Add This Product Widget To Your Website
Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!